In many cases, the first step toward sustained recovery from drug and alcohol addiction is a safe medical detoxification. While this process can seem overwhelming, our outpatient detox protocols make the transition into treatment and sobriety as comfortable as possible.
Because we cater to working individuals, Vero Beach Recovery Center (VBRC) understands the complexities of recovering from alcohol and substance abuse challenges while maintaining work and life commitments. For patients who qualify for this Out-of-Network service, VBRC provides a safe and convenient option to medically detox from the comfort of their own home. This program is designed for individuals who meet specified criteria and can adhere to a customized Detoxification. It is most effective for individuals who are ready to take the first step toward recovery but are not able to commit to an inpatient setting.
How it Works
Upon successful completion of an initial assessment by one of our medical professionals, including lab work, patients will be provided with the necessary medications to ensure comfort for the duration of their customized Detoxification Protocol. All protocols include the requirement for a support person to be available for the duration of treatment, which typically lasts between 7-10 days. Patients have daily contact with VBRC’s medical support team, in addition to in-office or remote vital sign monitoring and intermittent urinalysis. Loved ones are encouraged to participate in the process to ensure a safe and supportive environment.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
As an evidence-based program, VBRC believes there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to recovery. As such, we believe medication-assisted treatment (MAT) interventions can not only save lives but serve as a first step toward long-lasting abstinence from substances. Patients suffering from Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) may be initiated on Suboxone with a customized plan for titration or maintenance depending on use history. Other medications such as Vivitrol are available for both alcohol and OUD. Our medical team will discuss these options with you during your initial assessment to determine the best approach for you.
Vero Beach Recovery Center is constantly evaluating the latest research in addiction medicine and seeks to bring a holistic, evidence-based approach to our treatment protocols. Intravenous (IV) Nutrition, often referred to as IV therapy or IV nutrient therapy, is a method used to deliver nutrients, vitamins, and medications directly into the bloodstream. The approach is recommended for our detoxification programs as we feel it offers the best potential for a positive outcome.
Here are some of the potential benefits of IV nutrition in detox:
- Faster Nutrient Absorption: Since nutrients are administered directly into the bloodstream, IV nutrition allows for quicker and more efficient absorption compared to oral intake.
- Boosting Immune System: Certain nutrient combinations can help boost the immune system, which can be beneficial for patients undergoing detoxification.
- Hydration: IV therapy often includes fluids, which can aid in hydration—an important factor in detoxification.
- Quick Energy Boost: By delivering vitamins like B12 directly into the bloodstream, IV nutrition can provide a quick energy boost, which might be helpful for those experiencing fatigue during detox.
- Improved Mood: Certain combinations of nutrients can support mood and mental health, which can be beneficial for those also dealing with mental health disorders alongside substance abuse.
- Liver Function: Certain types of IV therapy aim to support liver function and detoxification pathways, which may complement the detox process.
- Reduced Withdrawal Symptoms: In some cases, medications can be included in the IV therapy to help manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Safety and Monitoring: When administered in a controlled environment by healthcare professionals, IV nutrition allows for real-time monitoring of the patient’s response to treatment.
We currently provide two IV Nutrition Treatments:
Candidates for Outpatient Detoxification
This program is ideal for individuals who:
- Are struggling with excessive or binge drinking.
- Have experienced a short-duration relapse.
- Are struggling with Opioid Use Disorder
- Have a loved one or friend available to commit to serving as a support person.
- Are not suffering from other medical conditions requiring acute care.
- Are in a stable and supportive home environment.
Our Outpatient Detoxification service is considered an Out-of-Network service that is self-pay for services in advance. While we can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company, we cannot guarantee what your insurance company will cover or that you’ll be reimbursed. It’s the patient’s responsibility to confirm insurance benefits before receiving service.
Keys to Success
Detoxification is only the first step toward long-term abstinence from drugs and alcohol. We encourage all patients to commit to an Intensive Outpatient (IOP) treatment program after successfully completing their detoxification protocol. Beyond the physical component, addiction is a complex psychological and emotional disorder. Evidence-based approaches to recovery, including a commitment to a step-down approach to the levels of care have proven to significantly increase the chances of sustained sobriety.
To ensure the safety and efficacy of our outpatient detoxification, Vero Beach Recovery Center screens patients to ensure they meet the criteria. Patients who do not meet these criteria will be referred to a higher level of care.
For more information about our Outpatient Detox services and to schedule a Pre-Admission Assessment, please contact us today at (772) 277-7225.