Because not everyone knows what they want or need, Vero Beach Recovery Center provides Event Interventions through a Certified Event Interventionist. This method of Intervention is far different from what you may be familiar with on TV and is designed to deal with someone in a crisis where there is a limited amount of time to intervene. Because of the inherent dangers of this type of situation, the Interventionist must act quickly to:
- de-escalate the client and the situation
- build rapport
- provide a non-judgemental planned interaction between the individual suffering and either the interventionist or their group
- provide viable solutions
All of this is done with the intent of getting the individual to some form of treatment as quickly as possible with the best possible solutions to the current crisis and:
- having the individual in crisis accept help from people who care about them.
- assisting the family and providing additional support.
- having the individual see how their self-destructive behavior has affected them and their loved ones.
- acknowledge the problem and enter treatment.
A successful intervention may result in the patient being immediately admitted to a:
- Medical Detox facility
- Residential Treatment Center
- Intensive Outpatient Program Treatment
There may only be a brief amount of time to fulfill some or all of these tasks, however, even if the individual does not immediately agree to treatment, we keep in touch with them in the event that they acknowledge their issues and ask for help later.
Interventions can be planned at any point in a person’s path of self-destruction. However, these interactions are designed to help the abuser understand the significance of their problem and to acknowledge how their self-destructive behavior has affected themself and all of those around them. Most importantly, the Intervention is designed to get the abuser to acknowledge that they need help and to agree to accept it immediately.
Event Interventions conducted by Certified Event Interventionists are not:
- They are not shame-based (the user has enough of this already)
- They are not intentionally hurtful
- They are never conducted in anger
- They are rarely conducted with the entire family present
- They are not Medical or Clinical interventions
- They are not Therapy or 1:1 therapy sessions with a licensed therapist
- They are not typically conducted by experts in the addiction field
If you have a loved one for whom this might be a benefit, please call Vero Beach Recovery Center now at (772) 584-3083 to discuss the process. Interventions are HIPAA protected and there are no refunds and no guarantee of results.