Trauma-Informed Approach is a focus away from treating a patient based on how they are feeling that day to what happened in their past that led to where they are. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) can have severely negative impacts on one’s development. As a result, we provide a Trauma-Informed approach for a more holistic therapeutic methodology in treating our client’s mental health and substance abuse disorders.
This approach highlights the importance of the Clinical Team gathering as much information about the patient’s past. In this way, looking at the client as a product of their past may be useful in determining an effective treatment plan that best fits their present situation.
This method can also improve patient engagement and retention in treatment programs. Evidence shows that the longer patients stay in treatment, the better the outcomes.
Trauma-Informed Approach seeks to:
- Avoid re-traumatizing the client.
- Provide a more comprehensive approach that is adopted at all levels of the organization (not only clinical)
- Recognize the significant impact of past trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE).
- Utilizing this information for patient-treatment matching.
- Identify trauma symptoms and signs in clients and their loved ones.
- Develop policies and procedures that Integrate expertise in trauma.
If you would like to schedule time with our Clinical Team, please contact us at (772) 584-3083. You can also email HELP@VeroBeachRecovery.com